FFXIV Connection With Server Was Lost Error fixed: There area unit multiple reasons why you would possibly get the FFXIV Connection With Server Was Lost Error , and we’ll check out all the chances here. It is often pretty frustrating to induce this issue, particularly after you could also be dying to do out everything that’s new in associate update or growth. to assist you out, I’ve listed down some steps to take to call in order to mend the matter and obtain into the sport directly.
How to Fix FFXIV Connection with Server was Lost Error?
- Check your internet connection – turn off your router, wait for a while, restart it and try again.
- Disable your firewall and antivirus to check if you are able to connect to the server again. That’s because it can block access to the server due to some permission issues.
- Restart your PC or Console – Keep it shut down for a few minutes, restart it and try to connect to the servers again.
- Use a Hotspot instead of your Wi-Fi
- Verify Game Files via Steam
- Launch the Steam client.
- Find FFXIV in your library.
- Right-click on it and click on Properties.
- Click on Local files.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait until the verification process is over.
- Re-launch the game to see if the error persists.
- Use a VPN – Keep your VPN turned on, launch the game and see if you are able to connect now.
- Uninstall and reinstall the game – When everything else mentioned above does not work, uninstall FF14 and reinstall it. This will clear out any corrupted files issue, and you should be able to join the game.
- Fix DNS inconsistency issues – If you change from the default DNS to the Google DNS, then there’s a chance of getting this error fixed.
- On Windows PC, here’s how to use Google DNS.
- Head to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
- Right-click on your internet connection > Properties.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and then click on Properties.
- Under the General tab, type:
- Preference DNS Server 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS server 184.108.40.206
- Now, select Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6) > click on Properties.
- Then type:
- Preference DNS Server 2001:4860:4860::8888
- Alternate DNS server 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Save and restart your PC after this. Then, launch FFXIV to see if the error persists.
So, that’s everything about the potential fixes for FFXIV Fix Connection With Server Was Lost Error.