Project Zomboid – Generator Fuel Consumption Guide | In this guide, I will explain you about the generator consumption and how to calculate it.
Generator Fuel Consumption Guide
Generator can hold 12.5 L of fuel in total.
Min Consumption 1.5 L per day or 0.0625 L/h = 8 Days with max fuel.
Common 24/24 Appliances
- Lights -> Consumes 0.002 L/h so with 1 generator running at min consumption you can place down 31 Lights.
- Minifridge -> 0.13 L/h or 3.12 L/day -> Means your generator can last 4 Days with one of them.
- Popsicle Fridge (the only full freezer in the game) -> 0.08 L/h per side for a total of 0.16 L/h or 3.84 L/day -> Means your generator can last only 3 day and 14 hours.
- Industrial Fridge (the most common fridge you can find in food stores) -> 0.13 L/h or 3.12L/day -> Means your generator can last 4 days.
Note that you simply will have several generators connected to your house that are running at the same time. Mind that you simply can consume on the average one electrical scraps per day per generator, and you would like to own it in your main inventory with a screwdriver to be ready to repair the generator (if you have got the scraps in your backpack, it won’t work).
Calculation for an Average Setup
In long runs usually you want to have:
- 1 x Popsicle Fridge – For your farmed vegetables.
- 2 x Industrial Fridge – For your main food that you have to consume in the month. Usually 1 is better to be used for already cooked food and the other for ingredients you have to consume ASAP.
- 30 x Lights to have a good illumination inside and around the base so you don’t risk to get ambushed.
Total Consumption: 0.48 L per hour or 11.52 L per day
This means that you simply want a minimum of two generators running at constant time if you would like to keep up this setup for a minimum of two day while not refuelling it.
This additionally means if you would like to own eight days stupidly concerning it, you may have to be compelled to connect eight generators. However careful, during this case you may use to several electrical scraps. Thus, my on average is to own four generators and refuel them on a daily basis or four.
Don’t worry too much concerning the generators after you leave of the city. Once you get the house out of loaded space, your generator won’t consume any energy, and you don’t have to be compelled to worry about it the least bit. I’m undecided the precise space vary, however I feel is somewhere around 100/200 tiles.
If you place the generator on a roof and cut out the trail to get there using staircases, however instead you have got to use the escape material, it won’t attract zombies as a result of they can’t produce a path to follow to succeed in it. Personally, I destroyed the way going between the first and 2d floor.
Thanks For Visiting LionJek.