We listed some of the best primary schools in Melbourne on the basis of students and Parents reviews and our researches. To see the best Primary school, scrolls down.
- 1. Kew Primary School : Oldest and Best Primary schools in melbourne
- 2. Kings Park Primary School in Melbourne
- 3. Newport Gardens Primary School
- 4. Doncaster Gardens Primary School
- 5. Canterbury Primary School : Dyanamic Primary school in Melbourne.
- 6. Williamstown North Primary School
- 7. Glen Waverley Primary School : Best Primary Schools in Melbourne
- 8. Ascot Vale Primary School
- 9. Pinewood Primary School
- 10. Albert Park Primary School
1. Kew Primary School : Oldest and Best Primary schools in melbourne
Kew Primary School is the oldest school in Kew and was established on November 1, 1870. It predates the commencement of State education with its genesis lying in the year the colony was founded, namely, 1851. Nicholas Fenwick was recognized as the founder of Kew when he purchased an area of 122 acres (Lot 87) on which Kew Primary School now stands. Best Primary school in Melbourne.
All students at Kew Primary School participate in a comprehensive, balanced curriculum from Prep to Year 6.
Some features of school programs are:
- A nurturing community shared by teacher, child and parents
- Extensive Preschool to Prep Orientation program
- Prep/Year 6 “Buddy” support program
- Broad spectrum of educational opportunities through specialist programs – Visual Arts, Physical Education, French and Music, Learning Resource Center, Perceptual Motor Program
- Highly skilled and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent Before and After School Care Programs 7.30am-6.30pm
- Holiday Programs
- Exemplary Thinking Skills Program
- High level of parent involvement
- Well established and successful Student Wellbeing Program
- Literacy and Numeracy programs focused on meeting each child’s individual learning needs.
Address: 128B Gillespie Rd, Kings Park VIC 3021
2. Kings Park Primary School in Melbourne
Kings Park Primary School is located northwest from the city of Melbourne in the suburb of St Albans. The school currently has an enrolment of 452 students, of which seventy-seven percent come from Multi-cultural backgrounds, representing 38 nationalities.
The students at King’s Park Primary School enjoy a secure and pleasant environment that is superbly resourced for learning, sport, music and play. The school is surrounded by attractive well-kept gardens including our own vegetable garden. Our facilities include a Multimedia centre, Gymnasium, Sports Ovals, Library, Art/Craft Center, Music Keyboard Laboratory, Kitchen Garden, extensive playgrounds, passive play areas and a managed canteen. We think this is the best Primary school in Melbourne for your child.
At Kings Park, They have adopted the following guiding principles for the development and implementation of school policies and programs.
- Prepare the students for their future
- Encourage students to become independent learners, learning how to think and how to learn and to use information and learning technology as a tool to enhance learning
- Be committed to students achieving high academic standards and taking pride in their achievements
- Provide a learning environment that is safe, supportive and friendly
- Encourage an awareness of individual rights, including the rights of others
- Encourage recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences
- Encourage and provide open communication channels within the school organization and the wider community
- Practise consultative management
- Encourage a vibrant culture of continuous development and growth. Best Primary schools in Melbourne
In the implementation of these principles Their school provides:
- Opportunities for the greatest possible development for each student;
- For different rates and styles which individuals develop in their learning;
- An ordered, structured yet stimulating environment that facilitates learning.
Address: 128B Gillespie Rd, Kings Park VIC 3021
Newport Gardens Primary School is a Coeducation primary school, serving years P-6. The uniform is compulsory and enforced. Newport Gardens Primary School is located in VIC, Melbourne Western Suburbs region. Newport Gardens Primary School is 1 of 157 government schools in the Newport area.
Newport Gardens Primary School has a zero tolerance of child abuse, and they promote and embody child safety. Their vision of Nurturing their Future supports their focus of including people of all abilities and promotes the cultural safety of individuals from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. Best Primary school in Melbourne for child safety.
Address: Maddox Rd & Woods St, Newport VIC 3015
Doncaster Gardens Primary School emerged in 1997, following the restructured of Waldau and Doncaster East Primary Schools.
With a school population of about 800 children, the school is situated in a landscaped & well shaded playground environment in Doncaster East.
Doncaster Gardens can truly be called a multi-cultural community, with students from over 34 different backgrounds.
At this school, They have a continuing commitment to the achievement of excellence and maintenance of an environment where learning is valued and supported by all. Doncaster Gardens is a wonderful site for children to make their formal beginning to a lifetime of learning.
Classrooms at Doncaster Gardens are bright, welcoming spaces that reflect the learning communities that use them. They are well-equipped with technology to support the learning needs of the students. Best Primary school in Melbourne.
Performing Arts Centre
The Performing Arts Centre is a large, open space used for Performing Arts lessons, choir rehearsals, orchestra rehearsals, school assemblies, performances and functions at the school. It is fully carpeted, heated, air-conditioned and has television and video facilities. This area also has an adjoining kitchen.
Gym in Primary School in Melbourne.
The gym is used for indoor sporting activities, Perceptual Motor Skills (prep) Fundamental Motor Skills (Year 1). It is fully air-conditioned.
Out of School Hours Care (OSH Club) Room
This area has an adjoining kitchen and is used predominantly by Out of School Hours Care program, but can be used during school hours as an extra teaching space.
The conference room is used by staff, visitors and children as a meeting room and additional teaching space.
There are many work areas where teachers can work with small groups of children. Most of these rooms have windows to classrooms so children can use these areas and still be supervised by teachers.
A work space for up to 16 students has been created. This space has an Interactive Whiteboard. This area is used for maths and writing groups and also ESL.
First Aid Room
The first aid room is very well-equipped and is centrally located, near the offices and staffroom. The room is staffed by fully trained first-aiders from recess until after lunch and in addition, many teachers are fully trained in first aid so the school can provide care for students throughout the whole school day.
Playground areas are protected with shade cloth. There are several spaces around the school which are designated for certain age groups at certain times to ensure all students have equitable access to our facilities.
The large grassed and Tiger Turf area is used for a variety of games including football, cricket, soccer and other games. The basketball, netball and bat tennis courts are popular play areas. Several synthetic turfed playing areas provide usable spaces throughout all seasons. I think this is the Primary School in Melbourne according to Great their Facilities
Address: 20 Sandhurst Ave, Doncaster East VIC 3109
5. Canterbury Primary School : Dyanamic Primary school in Melbourne.
Canterbury Primary is a dynamic school located in the leafy eastern suburbs of Melbourne, 12km from the CBD. The school strives to provide a student-centred learning culture where authentic learning fosters intrinsic motivation and where partnerships with parents and the broader local and global community are pivotal to enhancing student learning opportunities. The phrase “Our community – our world” encapsulates our belief that our collective actions, attitudes, and dispositions impact the world we live in, both locally and globally.
Innovative use of digital technologies is evident across the school. Coding, creative problem-solving and an embedded ‘Maker Culture’ support high levels of autonomy and choice in learning. The Maker Space and Kitchen classroom enable teachers to provide interest-based learning opportunities with a focus on problem-solving and creativity.
Specialist programs are provided in Visual Arts, Music, Physical Education, Health and Chinese Mandarin language. A well-developed partnership with a school in Suzhou, China, enhances language learning, enriching and broadening cultural understandings through shared projects and student and teacher exchange visits. Immersion into everyday life is afforded through a reciprocal homestay program, which also enables the forming of genuine and enduring relationships.
To create a passionate learning community that inspires, challenges and supports all students to achieve their personal best and make a positive contribution to the world in which they live.
Our values guide the decisions and behaviours of all members of our school community.
- Respect – for ourselves and others- Caring for, understanding, accepting and appreciating ourselves and others.
- Responsibility – Demonstrating ownership of our actions and words. Being accountable for our actions.
- Integrity – Being honest, sincere and trustworthy.
- Resilience – Bouncing back from difficulties and disappointments. Accepting challenges, trying hard and not giving up easily.
Address: Molesworth St, Canterbury VIC 3126
Established in 1874, Williamstown North Primary School is located in a residential area of the historic seaport of Williamstown, within the City of Hobson’s Bay. Many of our students are the children or grandchildren of past pupils and a sense of continuity and communal belonging is reflected in the school’s active involvement with the local community. The school places high value on its rich heritage and the interaction with the broader community and reflects this in school programs.
Our school enjoys strong links with its local community. Out-of-school-hours care is provided by a private provider in the school hall on school days. Community groups also use the school facilities for a range of activities. We are well supported by local government and local business.
The whole school community believes in the need for students, teachers and parents to have a caring, supportive and challenging school environment where individual’s personal safety is respected and nurtured and they are able to participate in all aspects of school life.
An active partnership between staff and parents helps promote a comprehensive and inclusive curriculum that actively involves all students in stimulating, integrated learning programs that are purposeful and meaningful.
Our school has a tradition of:
- Open communication between parents and staff, dealing with both curriculum and welfare matters.
- Strong parent participation in all aspects of the school’s programs.
The final stage of the schools building program which commenced in 1998 was completed in 2001. This, together with upgraded facilities and related grounds development, provides an excellent physical environment in which to teach and learn.
Williamstown North’s student enrolment is currently 743. As the school has limited dispersible space, an Enrolment Policy has been developed and a ceiling, which is endorsed by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development’s Western Region Office, is in place. The current Principal, is Mr Jim Cahill.
Address: 133 Melbourne Rd, Williamstown VIC 3016
7. Glen Waverley Primary School : Best Primary Schools in Melbourne
Glen Waverley Primary School is a Coeducation primary school, serving years P-6. The uniform is compulsory and enforced. Glen Waverley Primary School is located in VIC, Melbourne Eastern Suburbs region. Glen Waverley Primary School is 1 of 226 government schools in the Glen Waverley area.
The school’s facilities are outstanding. They have:
- A modern, bright Early Learning Centre for students in Years Foundation (Prep) and some Year One classes. In this facility we also hold Maths Innovation and Mandarin (Chinese)
- A state-of-the-art Multimedia room which encompasses a Television and Radio studio and various Robotics resources
- A Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths (STEAM) classroom which houses 3D printers and a laser cutter where the children complete numerous tasks associated with solving real-world problems
- A fabulous competition sized basketball court gymnasium
- We have refurbished all of our classrooms and
- Outside the children have access to ample play areas including four adventure playgrounds, two sandpits, an oval and dedicated sports fields.
Address: 774 High St Rd, Glen Waverley VIC 3150
Phone: +619802 9938
Ascot Vale Primary School is located in inner city Melbourne, and the school was established in 1885. We have a long tradition of valuing innovative programs, team teaching, peer and cross-age student learning that is progressive, negotiated and inquiry directed. Curriculum support and enrichment programs are offered to reflect individual student needs and interests, enabling students to attain the highest possible learning and social outcomes.
The current multi-age structure commenced in 1984 with support from the school community. The current multi-age groups are across 6 units. Each unit can have up to 48 students and 2 teachers.
At times, the composition of the grades changes to accommodate the different needs of student groupings within the school. A developmental learning model is used to enable children to have programs match their needs and to provide for younger and older children to interact socially and academically.
Ascot Vale Primary School supports a strong specialist program for all students, including Japanese, Physical Education and Art. Further curriculum support and enrichment programs are also offered to reflect student interests and needs.
The grounds offer both active and passive areas for student play, a grassed area with a sensory garden and Play Pod, two adventure playgrounds, a plexi-pave basketball court, sandpit, synthetic oval with running track, water tanks for our garden and toilets and indigenous plants. The school has an open gate policy that enables community groups and families to use the grounds on weekends. The school offers outstanding teaching and learning programs in an environment where children enjoy learning. A dedicated and talented staff, together with supportive parents, work hard to continually improve the school around our identified priority areas.
Address: Bank St, Ascot Vale VIC 3032
The school opened on Wednesday, 27th September, 1961. There were 149 children and six classrooms in the main school building. Mr A.C. Hughes was the head teacher and there were four other teachers.
It was just a building in a paddock with no boundary fence and no assembly area. The row of pine trees were in the north-west corner, the new shopping centre was to the east, the S.E.C. transmission lines were to the south and Toombah Street formed the western boundary. The only other building was a shelter shed near the corner of Wallabah Street.
Pinewood Primary School is a thriving learning community made up of a diversity of cultural and social backgrounds, located in Mount Waverley in Melbourne’s East. Families, staff and students share a common commitment to excellence in education and personal growth.
The following core values reflect the beliefs we hold about how children learn, how our school will operate, and how we relate to one another.
RESPECT – having regard for self, others and property
SELF-CONFIDENCE – having faith and trust in yourself
INTEGRITY – being honest and fair
RESPONSIBILITY – being accountable for your actions and words
OPTIMISM – being hopeful and believing that good will come of things
In Their community, these values are demonstrated when:
- Students have the opportunity to learn in a positive, caring environment and are encouraged to become self-motivated, life-long learners.
- Teaching and learning programs support students to develop a range of skills and strategies that enable them to be critical and creative thinkers.
- Students are encouraged to work co-operatively and collaboratively with their peers and other members of the school community, and to be active and responsible citizens.
Address: 27-35 Pinewood Dr, Mount Waverley, VIC 3149
Albert Park Primary School is located in the inner bay-side municipality of the City of Port Phillip. The current enrolment of around 575 students is drawn from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and cultures and has increased from 278 in 2001.
Due to the large growth in student enrolments, the school currently is implementing an enrolment strategy developed in conjunction with Middle Park, Port Melbourne, South Melbourne, South Melbourne Park and St Kilda Park Primary Schools. This strategy attempts to ease the pressure on the school’s physical resources. This is important given the limited space available on the site occupied by the school. Its historic building, dating from 1873, has been upgraded and refurbished and provides large, light-filled and attractive classrooms.
During 2010 the school’s facilities were increased with the addition of 8 ‘non-permanent’ classrooms to cope with the increase in enrolment. In September 2004, the school reclaimed a small triangle of land behind the David Hatherell Hall, which had been used by Port Phillip Council as a playground. The installation of another 6 ‘non-permanent’ classrooms was completed in 2014. 2017 saw the removal of these 6 ‘non-permanent’ classrooms, which were replaced with two three-storey buildings with bridges connecting the two upper levels.
Positive student behaviour and attitudes are reinforced through the Student Management Policy. All children are provided with the opportunity to socialize with children of different age groups and cultural backgrounds. Clubs such as Lego, Make-it, Running, Dancing, Mindfulness in Calm Corner, Drawing and Library, operate at lunch times, to enable students to pursue their individual interests. Instrumental music lessons are out-sourced and run outside school times as well as during class time on a rotating roster.
The school also ensures appropriate resources and time are provided for all key learning areas to be covered comprehensively. Programs that actively support curriculum include excursions, school camps, student well-being, a buddy program and a highly organized transition program
We are a unique village community, becoming life-long learners with high expectations.
Their Values are:
- be kind and fair
- act safely
- respect everyone’s rights
- one voice at a time
- keep trying
They are evident in all relationships.
MISSION: to provide a quality education that encourages every student to realize his/her fullest potential.
Address: Bridport St, Albert Park VIC 3206