How To Fix Download Error On EA App | Many players have recently encountered issues with their EA application client, particularly when trying to download or update The Sims 4 on their PC. If you’re facing The Sims 4 download error on the EA app, you’re not alone, but don’t worry! We’ve compiled some tried-and-true solutions to help you resolve this issue with ease.
How To Fix Download Error On EA App?
Before diving into the solutions, let’s start with some preliminary checks to address potential minor issues that could be causing this error:
- Check your internet connection and ensure its stability.
- Restart your system.
- Try reinstalling the EA App.
- Run the game as an Administrator.
- Clear the cache data in the EA app.
To clear cache data, follow these steps:
- Click on the hamburger line icon located in the far left corner of the EA App.
- Scroll to the Help option.
- Click on App Recovery.
- Select the Clear Cache option.
Now, attempt to download the game again by logging back into your EA App account. If none of these preliminary solutions work for you, proceed to the following fixes.
Temporarily Disable Security Programs | How To Fix Download Error On EA App
Sometimes, security programs like firewalls and antivirus software may perceive the downloading game as a security threat and disrupt the process. Temporarily disabling these programs can help the EA app download the game without interruptions.
Workaround using the Repair Feature on the EA App
This workaround, suggested by a user on the EA support page, involves using the repair file feature on the EA app to force download The Sims 4 game. While unconventional, it can be effective. Follow these steps carefully:
End Background Task for TS4
- Clear all download queues and close them in the EA app.
- Close all background processes associated with the EA app on your PC:
- Press CTRL + Shift + ESC together to open the Task Manager.
- Right-click on processes related to the EA app in the background processes list.
- Select End Task to terminate them.
Repair Game File
Now, trick the EA app into thinking that The Sims 4 game file is already downloaded to your PC and needs repair:
- Navigate to the EA Games directory where your game files are stored (usually C:/Program Files/EA Games or C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts).
- Inside the Games Directory, create a new folder with the same name as the installation directory would be when downloaded, in this case, “The Sims 4.”
- Inside this newly created “The Sims 4” folder, right-click and select New, then click on Text document.
- Rename the text file to TS4.exe.
- Exit the file explorer and refresh your PC.
- Relaunch the EA app. If it indicates that the game is already downloaded but requires an update, leave it as is.
- Click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the game icon and select “Repair.”
Now, the EA app will proceed to download and repair The Sims 4 game. If you find this method not working, it might be necessary to ensure the folder and text file are named correctly. How To Fix Download Error On EA App.
That’s all you need to know about fixing The Sims 4 Download Error on the EA App. While you’re here, feel free to explore more guides on The Sims 4 by visiting our dedicated guides section at Lionjek.com.